Probably the most important post of 2013.
- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
— advice for sad teenage girls that own too many flannels (via thelarrystylinson)
Body Language Cheat Sheet for Writers
As described by Selnick’s article:
20 fuckin’ 13 | » a mix for 2013
2013 might have sucked ass, but at least some awesome albums were released.
this is a compilation feat. 14 artists with 2 songs each, making a total of 28 songs.[ listen ]
sketchbook pt. II
Everyone!! After years and years, Paint Tool SAI is finally getting an upgrade! Go try the Paint Tool SAI 2 beta!
Just a few of the new features:
- 64 bit/multi-core support
- Font tool with text layers
- Bigger canvases! Up to 100,000 x 100,000px canvas size for 64 bit
- Bigger max brush size (up to 5000px)
- Circle and line rulers
- Perspective ruler (guide lines for 1 - 3 point perspective)
- Select/edit multiple layers at once
- Upgrade for free if you already have a SAI 1 license
Paint Tool SAI is my number one recommended art program for digital painters and this just makes it even better! The new font tool and canvas size limits, especially, should make it so much easier for people trying to make comics.
This is still in beta, so it’s untranslated and has some bugs. But it’s still great news! Go try it out!